Independent Consultant at Rodan + Fields
January 2016 - Present | Boulder, CO
Strategize, develop, and execute digital, social media, and direct marketing initiatives that drive sales, grow U.S. market, and increase brand awareness for Rodan + Fields, the fastest-growing and 4th-largest premium skincare company in the U.S., founded by the same doctors who created Proactiv.
For more information, visit rebeccarmcintyre.myrandf.com.
Content Marketing & Social Media Consultant at The Grannie Annie Family Story Celebration
May 2013 - Present | Boulder, CO
Provide counsel on and implement digital and social media initiatives; direct and edit content; supervise/oversee volunteers; and review grant proposals for a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire young people to discover, write, and share stories from their family's history, and to publish collections of their work.
Marketing Manager at Opentopic
May 2014 - December 2014 | New York, NY
Strategized and implemented content and digital marketing initiatives for a SaaS enterprise startup that offers a state-of-the-art content marketing platform. Executed and oversaw a broad range of digital and traditional marketing activities in support of the company's goals and initiatives, including lead generation, lead nurturing, new customer acquisition, brand awareness, and social engagement.
• Led the strategic planning and development of marketing content and copy; implemented SEO best practices; and ensured content supported brand initiatives, vision, and customer experience while delivering on business objectives
• Established KPIs to track and analyze the performance of all marketing initiatives, as well as identified and implemented ideas for testing—such as A/B—and optimization
• Monitored content performance, and used data to inform new and improve existing content by making sure it was customer-driven, engaging, and innovative
• Produced and edited content for new website pages, blog posts, social media, case studies, sales tools, lead nurturing campaigns, white papers, e-newsletters, ad campaigns, surveys, landing pages, one sheets, product notifications, and other thought leadership
• Created and implemented new programs, such as a Content Marketing Spotlight Series with industry influencers and a Content Marketing Questionnaires Series with marketers worldwide
• Oversaw interns and internal and external resources to provide direction on brand voice and ensure consistency in execution
• Developed and maintained an editorial calendar that aligned with industry events, sales initiatives, new product releases, and general outreach
• Created and analyzed ad campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and used data to improve performance
• Executed all aspects of the production of weekly e-newsletters: curated and composed original content; selected images; optimized for SEO; and designed and distributed via MailChimp to segmented lists
Marketing Communications Business Manager at Reservoir Labs, Inc.
October 2013 - February 2014 | New York, NY
Managed content marketing, public relations, and business development initiatives—including content development, website, digital and social media, messaging, events/trade shows, and more—for a collegial company specializing in providing technologies and contract R&D services to the computer industry, government, and business end users.
• Developed and owned firm’s content, messaging, and positioning, and ensured brand consistency across communications
• Leveraged social media to extend reach and increase engagement; grew follower base by over 33% within one month
• Used CRM system to track and measure marketing communications efforts, and generated reports detailing ROI
• Synthesized web analytics data, created reports, and made recommendations to optimize firm’s digital presence
• Coordinated all aspects of firm’s presence at sponsored conferences, trade shows, seminars, and other special events
Marketing Communications Project Manager/Writer at LV Communications Inc.
April 2011 - October 2013 | New York, NY
Developed strategic messaging, & managed projects for a communications consultancy specializing in serving Fortune 500 companies and technology-based market leaders—such as MasterCard and AT&T—with solutions that deliver tangible business value.
• Facilitated accomplishment of client objectives via strategic message development and alignment, audience analysis, strategic planning, segment-targeted positioning, executive speechwriting/coaching, intranet/website/social media content development, executive book manuscripts, product/services market launches, and publicity and sales enablement tools creation
• Ensured effective and consistent brand messaging of communications across multiple media platforms
• Wrote/edited multi-channel content for digital/social media, corporate websites/intranets, sales tools, strategic plans, collateral, presentations, promotional materials, e-newsletters, case studies, and internal/employee/executive communications
• Devised competitively differentiating social media strategies to extend global reach of online communications
• Researched & developed leadership communications—such as “tweetable” sound bites, talking points, presentations, and FAQs—for company-wide initiatives, executive speeches, media interviews, panel discussions, & conferences
• Provided messaging and project management for global marketing effort that grew client's $2.6 billion line of business
• Assisted with the creation of sales enablement tools and integrated campaign materials for a large B2B product portfolio, effectively improving consultative selling
• Facilitated the successful rebranding of client’s sales training and internal communications materials
• Collaborated on the redesign of client's intranet to provide sales teams with global access to on-brand collateral
• Implemented brand identity development campaign for a global service provider that strengthened company's position as market leader, grew revenue, and increased profitability
Marketing Communications Coordinator at Friedman LLP
November 2009 - April 2011 | New York, NY
Directed all internal and external communications initiatives, encompassing PR, media relations, marketing, business development, branding, web, social media, thought leadership, awards, and events, for a 325-person global financial services firm.
-Developed strategic and creative concept and copy for all campaigns and materials: press releases, bylined articles, newsletters, proposals, digital content, collateral, and more
-Drafted communications plan for launch of first corporate blog
-Pioneered firm's first media relations program: cultivated press relationships; devised and pitched newsworthy story angles; secured media placements and interviews
-Managed content on intranet and website
-Positioned executives as industry visionaries and thought leaders via implementation of executive placement strategies and tactics to include speaking engagements, profiles, and OpEds
-Generated increased industry accolades through execution of awards program
-Orchestrated PR/media outreach campaign that increased sales, brand image, and awareness of new services
-Helped win new business by developing creative and effective proposals and pitches
-Organized special events, client seminars, trade shows, and sponsorships
-Spearheaded campaign that enhanced visibility, generated viable leads, and grew website traffic
-Improved efficiency and productivity by streamlining processes and restructuring internal operational procedures
-Grew firm by executing strategic plan for niche practice area that expanded global client base, supported entrance into a new market, boosted market share, and built firm's profile
Senior Marketing Coordinator at Holabird & Root
July 2007 - July 2009 | Chicago, IL
Implemented marketing communications, public/media relations, and business development initiatives for a premier architecture and design firm. Was promoted in less than one year, culminating in oversight of the marketing department.
-Created and produced marketing communications campaigns and materials: wrote original content, coordinated internal teams with external parties, and ensured on-time delivery
-Mentored and managed junior staff
-Researched and wrote external and internal communications, including bylined articles, press releases, marketing collateral, case studies, and industry award submittals
-Led public and media relations efforts: pitched trade media and secured high-profile article placements
-Managed development of new business proposals and pitches from conception through completion, including editing, proofreading, and assisting technical staff with content development
-Coordinated a brand identity development campaign that-based on a beta test of new communications-facilitated the acquisition of the largest commission in firm's history
-Conducted market research, and collaborated with principals on marketing/business development strategy
-Tracked projects and other business development opportunities
Editor, Writer and Researcher at LV Communications Inc.
January 2005 - July 2007
Worked directly with principal of consultancy on client engagements, providing expertise in writing, editing, and proofreading.
Supported diverse corporate marketing communications initiatives via multi-channel content development, research and analysis, messaging, positioning, strategic planning, project management, budgeting, executive speechwriting, and more.
Psychology / Elementary Education Research Assistant at University of Delaware
January 2003 - May 2003
Prepared and implemented research designs focusing on the social, emotional, and moral development of children. Conducted in-person interviews, and administered questionnaires to participants. Performed data collection, entry, and statistical analyses using SPSS.