Marketing Manager at Opentopic
May 2014 - December 2014 | New York, NY
Strategized and implemented content and digital marketing initiatives for a SaaS enterprise startup that offers a state-of-the-art content marketing platform. Executed and oversaw a broad range of digital and traditional marketing activities in support of the company's goals and initiatives, including lead generation, lead nurturing, new customer acquisition, brand awareness, and social engagement.
• Led the strategic planning and development of marketing content and copy; implemented SEO best practices; and ensured content supported brand initiatives, vision, and customer experience while delivering on business objectives
• Established KPIs to track and analyze the performance of all marketing initiatives, as well as identified and implemented ideas for testing—such as A/B—and optimization
• Monitored content performance, and used data to inform new and improve existing content by making sure it was customer-driven, engaging, and innovative
• Produced and edited content for new website pages, blog posts, social media, case studies, sales tools, lead nurturing campaigns, white papers, e-newsletters, ad campaigns, surveys, landing pages, one sheets, product notifications, and other thought leadership
• Created and implemented new programs, such as a Content Marketing Spotlight Series with industry influencers and a Content Marketing Questionnaires Series with marketers worldwide
• Oversaw interns and internal and external resources to provide direction on brand voice and ensure consistency in execution
• Developed and maintained an editorial calendar that aligned with industry events, sales initiatives, new product releases, and general outreach
• Created and analyzed ad campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and used data to improve performance
• Executed all aspects of the production of weekly e-newsletters: curated and composed original content; selected images; optimized for SEO; and designed and distributed via MailChimp to segmented lists
Marketing Communications Business Manager at Reservoir Labs, Inc.
October 2013 - February 2014 | New York, NY
Managed content marketing, public relations, and business development initiatives—including content development, website, digital and social media, messaging, events/trade shows, and more—for a collegial company specializing in providing technologies and contract R&D services to the computer industry, government, and business end users.
• Developed and owned firm’s content, messaging, and positioning, and ensured brand consistency across communications
• Leveraged social media to extend reach and increase engagement; grew follower base by over 33% within one month
• Used CRM system to track and measure marketing communications efforts, and generated reports detailing ROI
• Synthesized web analytics data, created reports, and made recommendations to optimize firm’s digital presence
• Coordinated all aspects of firm’s presence at sponsored conferences, trade shows, seminars, and other special events
Marketing Communications Project Manager/Writer at LV Communications Inc.
April 2011 - October 2013 | New York, NY
Developed strategic messaging, & managed projects for a communications consultancy specializing in serving Fortune 500 companies and technology-based market leaders—such as MasterCard and AT&T—with solutions that deliver tangible business value.
• Facilitated accomplishment of client objectives via strategic message development and alignment, audience analysis, strategic planning, segment-targeted positioning, executive speechwriting/coaching, intranet/website/social media content development, executive book manuscripts, product/services market launches, and publicity and sales enablement tools creation
• Ensured effective and consistent brand messaging of communications across multiple media platforms
• Wrote/edited multi-channel content for digital/social media, corporate websites/intranets, sales tools, strategic plans, collateral, presentations, promotional materials, e-newsletters, case studies, and internal/employee/executive communications
• Devised competitively differentiating social media strategies to extend global reach of online communications
• Researched & developed leadership communications—such as “tweetable” sound bites, talking points, presentations, and FAQs—for company-wide initiatives, executive speeches, media interviews, panel discussions, & conferences
• Provided messaging and project management for global marketing effort that grew client's $2.6 billion line of business
• Assisted with the creation of sales enablement tools and integrated campaign materials for a large B2B product portfolio, effectively improving consultative selling
• Facilitated the successful rebranding of client’s sales training and internal communications materials
• Collaborated on the redesign of client's intranet to provide sales teams with global access to on-brand collateral
• Implemented brand identity development campaign for a global service provider that strengthened company's position as market leader, grew revenue, and increased profitability
Marketing Communications Coordinator at Friedman LLP
November 2009 - April 2011 | New York, NY
Directed all internal and external communications initiatives, encompassing PR, media relations, marketing, business development, branding, web, social media, thought leadership, awards, and events, for a 325-person global financial services firm.
-Developed strategic and creative concept and copy for all campaigns and materials: press releases, bylined articles, newsletters, proposals, digital content, collateral, and more
-Drafted communications plan for launch of first corporate blog
-Pioneered firm's first media relations program: cultivated press relationships; devised and pitched newsworthy story angles; secured media placements and interviews
-Managed content on intranet and website
-Positioned executives as industry visionaries and thought leaders via implementation of executive placement strategies and tactics to include speaking engagements, profiles, and OpEds
-Generated increased industry accolades through execution of awards program
-Orchestrated PR/media outreach campaign that increased sales, brand image, and awareness of new services
-Helped win new business by developing creative and effective proposals and pitches
-Organized special events, client seminars, trade shows, and sponsorships
-Spearheaded campaign that enhanced visibility, generated viable leads, and grew website traffic
-Improved efficiency and productivity by streamlining processes and restructuring internal operational procedures
-Grew firm by executing strategic plan for niche practice area that expanded global client base, supported entrance into a new market, boosted market share, and built firm's profile
Senior Marketing Coordinator at Holabird & Root
July 2007 - July 2009 | Chicago, IL
Implemented marketing communications, public/media relations, and business development initiatives for a premier architecture and design firm. Was promoted in less than one year, culminating in oversight of the marketing department.
-Created and produced marketing communications campaigns and materials: wrote original content, coordinated internal teams with external parties, and ensured on-time delivery
-Mentored and managed junior staff
-Researched and wrote external and internal communications, including bylined articles, press releases, marketing collateral, case studies, and industry award submittals
-Led public and media relations efforts: pitched trade media and secured high-profile article placements
-Managed development of new business proposals and pitches from conception through completion, including editing, proofreading, and assisting technical staff with content development
-Coordinated a brand identity development campaign that-based on a beta test of new communications-facilitated the acquisition of the largest commission in firm's history
-Conducted market research, and collaborated with principals on marketing/business development strategy
-Tracked projects and other business development opportunities
Editor, Writer and Researcher at LV Communications Inc.
January 2005 - July 2007
Worked directly with principal of consultancy on client engagements, providing expertise in writing, editing, and proofreading.
Supported diverse corporate marketing communications initiatives via multi-channel content development, research and analysis, messaging, positioning, strategic planning, project management, budgeting, executive speechwriting, and more.
Psychology / Elementary Education Research Assistant at University of Delaware
January 2003 - May 2003
Prepared and implemented research designs focusing on the social, emotional, and moral development of children. Conducted in-person interviews, and administered questionnaires to participants. Performed data collection, entry, and statistical analyses using SPSS.
Content Marketing & Social Media Consultant at The Grannie Annie Family Story Celebration
May 2013 - Present | Boulder, CO
Provide counsel on and implement digital and social media initiatives; direct and edit content; supervise/oversee volunteers; and review grant proposals for a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire young people to discover, write, and share stories from their family's history, and to publish collections of their work.
Independent Consultant at Rodan + Fields
January 2016 - Present | Boulder, CO
Strategize, develop, and execute digital, social media, and direct marketing initiatives that drive sales, grow U.S. market, and increase brand awareness for Rodan + Fields, the fastest-growing and 4th-largest premium skincare company in the U.S., founded by the same doctors who created Proactiv.
For more information, visit rebeccarmcintyre.myrandf.com.